|Bike Style||Rate / Day||Rate / Week|
26″ + 29″
|Kids Bikes *- With Gears
(or Coaster Brakes – inquire)
(single or double)
|Child Seats **||$10||$45|
|Trunk and Hitch Racks||$20||$60|
|Tray Racks (E-Bikes)||$25|
- CANCELLATIONS: Reservations must be cancelled within 48 hours of your bicycle pickup date to avoid incurring a charge. If you do not show up for your reservation, your credit card will be charged.
- Helmets and locks provided at no extra charge
- Repair kits and rack packs provided at no extra charge (1 / party) – please ask
- SPD MTN / Road / Crank Bros pedals available at no extra charge
- Unless the year, make and model of the vehicle can be provided, we cannot determine if a bicycle carrier will fit it. We will do our best to try to fit a rack to your vehicle but we cannot guarantee fitment until the vehicle is here at the shop.
- Only cars equipped with receiver hitches may carry e-bikes (maximum of 2).
- NOTE: Special rates apply for any type of rental more than 2 weeks – please ask us!
* We strongly recommend training wheels only for short rides (driveways, sidewalks, quiet side streets, etc.) They are not intended for use on dirt/gravel roads (i.e. the Carriage Roads.)
** On Rentals Only / 40 lbs Maximum / Age 12 Minimum
- You must be 18 years or older and have a valid credit card to rent an e-bike.
- The rider of the e-bike must be present for an explanation of the bike’s functions.
- All e-bike renters are required to wear helmets.
- The replacement cost of our e-bikes is between $2000 & $4000. Once the bike leaves our property, you are fully responsible for returning it in working and undamaged condition.
- You CANNOT adjust, modify, or change any part or parts of the e-bike.
- E-bikes are heavier than non-powered bikes. Only cars equipped with a receiver hitch may carry e-bikes (maximum of 2). You must be able to lift the e-bike to chest level to get it on/off the car rack.
- E-bikes are NOT to be put inside of vehicles for transportation (except for pickup trucks.)
- E-bikes are NOT to be ridden at night.
- E-bikes can be damaged by rain or exposure to water.
- E-bikes CANNOT be used to pull trailers or tag-a-longs.
- *E-Bikes must be returned by 4:00 PM so that we may properly charge them for the next day.*
Easier riding on carriage roads and pavement. Rigid front forks for better handling on smooth surfaces
Higher handlebars create more upright riding position
Suspension front forks for smoother riding
Step-thru frames allow mounting without lifting leg over seat
Intermediate tires create smoother ride on pavement
Mountain Bikes 26″ and 29″
Flatter handlebars create forward riding position. Smaller sizes have sloping top tubes making mounting easier
Front Suspension (not on 29er)
Knobby tires better in mud, but vibrate on pavement
Cyclocross and Road Bikes
Lighter than hybrid bikes. Road type riding position. Faster riding on pavement (road bikes) and superior braking on carriage/gravel roads (cyclocross). Choice of clip-in or standard pedals available (or bring your own.)
Child Trailers (Single and Double)
Sorry, may not be used for dogs!
Baby Seats (includes helmets)
Maximum weight 40 lbs., Minimum age 12 months
Mount to trunk lid or top of rear opening and bumper
Sedans, Station Wagons, Minivans, SUVs
To see if it will fit your car, check out here.
We use model #’s: 102db for 2 bikes, 103db for 3 bikes, 104db for 4 bikes.
1-4 bicycles (Number of bikes depends on auto)
Mount to Trailer Hitches – max. 5 bicycles (2″receiver hitch required)
max. 4 bicycles (1-1/4″ receiver hitch required)
Serving the Mount Desert Island community and visitors to Acadia National Park since 1981